Sunday, January 17, 2016

Pushing strings


 I had planned on posting weekly and this is a bit early, but I will still try to post at least once per week. One of my new goals. Actually, this is an excerpt from my daily journal that I thought was worth sharing.

This morning I feel good. I feel good about myself, my life and my direction. I am feeling better every day, despite the minor aches and pains I wake up with. I do realize that I need to unplug more often, which can be very difficult as the computer is such a big part of my life. I shop on it, do research on it, follow my email accounts, and a bit of social media which has dropped to being fairly minimal anyway – but I do need to catch myself as I can become overly involved in Facebook. I also use the computer for my journaling, as I am doing now, and blogging, which I want to do regularly. All this adds up to spending a lot of time on the computer, but it can be very difficult to reduce as yet.

I need to set better, achievable goals and work toward them. I need to learn from my mistakes and consider them to be lessons rather than flaws. Stepping stones to improving my life rather than weapons to beat myself up with. I need to have a truly positive attitude that accepts everything that happens in my life, rather than a falsely positive attitude with involves a lot of denial rather than acceptance. You can't let go of a string if you don't pick it up first, if all you do is push it around it may get moved out of site, but it is still there. Pick it up, observe it, where did it come from, what is it trying to tell you, accept it for what it is and then you can let it go so that it will no longer be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment