Thursday, January 14, 2016

Bouquets

A little bit about me.

I have always loved bouquets, from formal designs to a handful of weeds given to me by one of my children. Now I have a different kind of bouquet, and I am learning to love it.

I was born with Asperger's Syndrome. Even though I wasn't diagnosed until I was an adult it was always there. I started mental health counseling when I was in first or second grade and continued with it until tenth. It did nothing to help me understand myself, but was strictly about making me fit in, putting this square peg into a round hole. The problem with that is the peg will never fit correctly and trying to make it fit only damages the peg. When I started learning about Indigo Children things started to make sense for me and I began to repair the peg. I still haven't found that square hole for me to fit in, but that's okay.

Several years ago I was diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome. The first real indication, for me, was the vasculitis staining on my lower legs.  Funny thing is, that is actually my most recent 'official' diagnoses. So I began treatment for Sjogren's and Lupus, because the blood tests showed a connective tissue disorder as well. Since then the Lupus has shown itself a couple of times with symptoms exclusive to that disorder, also a diagnoses of RA was also added.


This is my bouquet, and I am learning to love and embrace it. Before I have always played games with my attempts to improve my health, not I have to get serious about it. Working with diet, meditation, supplements as well as the medications that are prescribed and realizing that I need to go forward in a holistic manner. Everything needs to be addressed, mind, body and spirit.

I've quit fighting things because "what you resist, persists." By accepting my bouquet, and loving myself without judgement I know that I can keep all the symptoms at bay and have a wonderful year.


No comments:

Post a Comment